Saturday, November 8, 2008

3) Only my third day and I'm already slipping.

And my sister told me an hour ago that there was rioting in Waco when Obama won. Obama posters were burned and groups of white kids tried to start fights with groups of black kids.

Okay, seriously, what the hell is wrong with us? What is wrong with this part of the country? What is wrong with this state? We became a state because we wanted to own slaves, and mean ol' Mexico didn't want any of it. Some pussy-ass human rights shit. Sure, we were a country for a few years but we joined the US the first chance we got. Texas. Exists. Because. People. Wanted. To. Own. Slaves. We got off to a bad start. We've had two female governors but one was only elected because her husband wasn't allowed to be in office anymore and the other one was a tobacco lobbyist!

I didn't realize how much I missed Austin and the culture and liberalness of Austin until I went there for Halloween and voting. I think I'm either going to have to move back there or somewhere up north so I don't lose it. Is there a place such that they are reasonably accepting of atheists? Where you can have an intelligent discussion about science or a book or hell, even an actual intelligent discussion of a movie? I sort of had that in Austin, but I lived in a co-op. The nonreligious seem to be attracted to such things. I want to live somewhere where I can have a tiny house with a good-sized yard and a huge vegetable garden. I want to be within biking distance of a grocery store and a decent restaurant or two. I want to not need a car except for lugging heavy stuff. I want to be able to occasionally say off-the-wall things without people thinking I'm completely insane. I don't have this in Dallas. I miss it. Bad.

No comments: