Wednesday, November 26, 2008

21) Stoopid work

The one annoying thing about a publically-viewable blog is that you can't write about work frustrations if there's even a tiny bit of a risk of current or future employers stumbling across it.  That was the one good thing about LJ, I could write individual private entries.
You at least have to be very careful when posting about work.  I think I'm safe saying that my supervisor isn't giving me enough stuff to do which is ridiculous because I was hired for her to be able to push stuff off on to me.  I'm very paranoid about not being busy which for me is the same as not looking busy because my poker face is non-existent.  It's partly because my last job was in retail and in retail you don't get to stand around doing jack shit for more than two minutes without getting nommed on.  Obviously, it's also partly because of the economy.

You know that feeling when you're in a relationship and your partner starts being aloof and snippy?  You want to pretend that they're just in a funk and they don't want to talk about whatever it is.  But you know it's only a matter of time.  That's kinda how I feel right now.  Then again, I had the same feeling at my old job for a while.  Little did I know that I was pretty much guaranteed to not lose that job because I'm sooo funny n' weird.  Incidentally, I went to pick up my last check and one of the managers said she missed my quirkyness.  Please.  I'm so painfully normal it's not even funny.

No comments: