Monday, November 17, 2008

13) I swear I didn't plan to do something lucky.

So today I saved the business at least $150. Always kinda nice to know you single-handedly discovered something that really helps the business out. Unless you really hate or deeply don't care about the business and you're torn between sharing the info and being a hero or keeping the info and not having to do anything. Why you wouldn't want to be the hero, I don't understand. Anyway. For some reason I had to look up something about our products and right now, the fastest way for me to do that is to go to the website.

Type in web address into Google. Business's old web page with basically the same info pops up. Click. "This domain name unregistered." Huh, guess they finally decided to give that website up. Oh, well. I'll just go to the regular website.

Couple hours later: "So *old website* has a really high position in Google" "Yeah, but we're not using the old address, anymore and the new one isn't as high." "The hell are you talking about?"

Couple minutes later: "Those sneaky sons of bitches. And we haven't checked that website in months. And we wouldn't a' checked it for another couple. Guess I'll be making a phone call tomorrow. And if they don't refund our money?" "Yeah?" "It's clobberin' time."

I seem to have a knack for catching things riiiiight before they become a problem. This means that when you're about to dive headfirst into a pool of deceptively deep-looking water, I'm going to come wading by and ask you why the hell you're standing weird. But I'm also going to open the door right as the last strand of rope gives way and the chandelier comes crashing down. I swear, it wasn't my fault.

No comments: